If you or a loved one is struggling with drug or alcohol addiction and have relapsed in the past, an extended residential treatment program can help. This highly structured approach to treatment helps individuals with substance use disorder break the cycle of addiction. Addiction can cause damage to your finances, physical or mental health, relationships, or employment status. But at New Hampshire Detox Center, our inpatient treatment programs can help you rebuild your life.
Learn more about our options for extended residential treatment by connecting with our team at 603.932.7692 today.
How Long Does an Extended Residential Program Last?
It can be helpful to think of an extended residential program as an investment in your future. Taking time to attend an intensive rehab program can help you build a strong foundation for lifelong recovery. We connect our clients with resources for ongoing treatment that might involve 12-step meetings or outpatient care to reduce the risk of relapse in the future. An extended residential treatment program may last for anywhere from 30 to 120 days depending on the severity of your addiction and whether or not you have relapsed in the past. You can remain in treatment for as long as you need in order to ensure that you’re ready to make the transition back into everyday life.
The Benefits of Structured Addiction Treatment Programs
Extended residential treatment programs offer a variety of benefits to our clients. Some of these benefits include:
- A supportive community – During group therapy sessions and activities, you’ll connect with others in recovery who understand the challenges you face. Addiction can be isolating, but in our treatment center, you’ll build a network of support.
- A safe space to heal – In your everyday life, you might encounter triggers for relapse. Stress at work and at home or access to drugs and alcohol can make relapse tempting. We offer a structured environment free from these triggers.
- Evidence-based therapies – Medication-assisted treatment, as well as addiction treatment therapies like cognitive-behavioral therapy, can help you build the healthy coping skills you need for long-term sobriety.
- Time to focus on healing – Spending an extended amount of time in our treatment center can help you focus on healing away from outside distractions.
What to Expect in an Extended Residential Program
Our residential treatment center is not a hospital setting. You won’t be spending your time in a cold clinical environment, although medical care is available as needed. Instead, you’ll live in a comfortable, supportive space where you’ll quickly feel at home. You’ll live with others in recovery and receive support from our addiction treatment specialists. We offer a number of amenities like inviting lounge spaces and a fitness center so you can become your healthiest self. Some of the therapies and approaches to treatment that we incorporate into treatment include:
- Medication-assisted treatment – Suboxone and Vivitrol can relieve withdrawal symptoms and curb cravings in those struggling with opioid use disorder.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – Change unhealthy patterns of behavior and develop healthy coping skills to avoid relapse.
- Family therapy – When appropriate we involve family members in treatment to give our clients a strong support system once they leave our center.
- A trauma-informed approach to treatment – Many of those who struggle with addiction have experienced trauma in the past and we take that into account when designing treatment plans.
- Group therapy – Connecting with others in recovery can reduce feelings of isolation and give you perspective on your journey.
Contact New Hampshire Detox Center for Inpatient Treatment
Reach out to our team today to learn more about our extended residential treatment programs. At New Hampshire Detox Center, we’re committed to helping our community heal from addiction. Contact us at 603.932.7692 or use our secure online form to begin your journey to recovery today.